LPC was organized in 1854 and was the first church in Loveland. The congregation first met in a schoolhouse and then in a building on East Broadway. The first church building was constructed on Third Street in 1859. In 1962 a new church was built off Oak Street at 360 Robin Ave. It is located near the intersection of St. Rt. 48 and Loveland-Miamiville Rd. The first service at the new church was held Feb 11, 1962.
The Session is the ruling body of the church and the Deacons are the primary care giving committee of the church. Many programs have been developed through the years and mission remains a vital part of our history. We offer many opportunities to participate in the life of the church through our ongoing mission projects in the Loveland community and the Cincinnati area. Special activities for adults and children are especially centered around the Easter and Christmas seasons. In the summer we hold our Vacation Bible School, and we welcome all children to share in this adventure.
The church sponsors Boy Scout and Cub Scout troops which hold their meetings at the church in Nisbet Hall. Alcoholics Anonymous also meet at LPC. Tender Years Preschool Cooperative uses our facilities for their classes September – May.
We are versatile in that we combine traditional and contemporary worship and encourage active member participation. We remain strong in our faith and in our commitment to reach out to our community and the world. We invite all to come and join with our LPC church family as we grow together in Christian love and service as we give God the praise and the glory for all our blessings.